Sunday 3 May 2015

Top of the Pops ... oops! Sorry, 'Posts'


I've just been checking down the list of posts I've made since the blog started more than eight years ago to see what was popular and what bombed.  The range of 'views' for individual entries is enormous, from less than twenty to well over five thousand, but here are the top five again. The figures suggest that not surprisingly posts with photos are the best received. The top five, in reverse order are:


5.  Some Hospital Visiting for the New Year

4. 13 Stationary Hospital, Boulogne

3.  Etaples and Camiers

2.  The Trained Nurse and the VAD

And in first place way ahead of anything else, though I'm not sure why, with more than five thousand views:

1. The Casualty Clearing Station

A pity that external links have now been changed or removed, but the post still valid I think.  These five are in no way my personal favourites and only reflect the number of views each one has had - maybe my own will come later.

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading 'The Casualty Clearing Station' for the first time. You're right - the broken links don't detract from the essay. The sign of good blog writing! By the way - glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Nick. Maybe I'm learning to be a bit more philosophical about things I'll never change.

    ReplyDelete